According to Statistics Canada, about 40% of Self-employed Canadians have no insurance coverage. Finding an insurance plan that fits your needs and your budget can be a daunting task for many. In light of this, we looked it up and this is what we found.
There are also a few financial institutions that offer plans that are tailor-made for the self-employed Canadian.
– KING Benefits Consulting – Self Employment Insurance & Services
– Quickcard – Self-Employed Health Insurance
For New Brunswick & British-Columbia residents:
– Desjardins Financial Security – Small business and Self-employed worker
For Ontario residents:
– Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (info only)
For Quebec residents:
– Desjardins Financial Security – Insurance for the Self-Employed
– CSST – Commission de la Santé et de la sécurité au Travail (english)
– Insurance Bureau of Canada – Self-employed Insurance FAQ (info only)
A few more resources:
Insurance Bureau of Canada – General information